Grills and Stoves
Recycling Grills and Stoves
Recycling grills and stoves can be constructed using a variety of materials such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, plastic, wood and electronics. The first step in recycling a stove or grill is to clean it, removing as much grease as possible.
How to Scrap Grills and Stoves
Sorting your metals into separate categories will help you realize a higher scrap price. With that in mind:
- Use a magnet to identify whether the metal is ferrous (the magnet will attract to it) or non-ferrous. Non-ferrous metal brings a better price when you bring your gas grill to a scrap processor for recycling.
- Next, check the plastic pieces (handles, sides, shelves, etc.) to see if they have the recycle mark with the recycling numbers (1, 2, 5, etc.) your town or locality picks up. If so, disassemble the plastic pieces and put them out with your weekly recycling.
- Gas valves are usually made of brass or aluminum and can be removed and brought to us for recycling.
- Any electronics (ignition wires and electric controllers) and batteries should be removed. Ed Arnold will process the electronics along with the metal parts.
- The propane tank on a grill must be taken to a propane gas dealer for recycling or disposal; a scrap metal processor is not able to accept propane tanks. In addition, the hose that connects the tank to the burners is not recyclable and must be disposed of in the trash.
Recycle Your Gas or Electric Stove at Ed Arnold Scrap
Questions? Contact us today at 585-762-9080 to learn more about recycling stoves and grills. Ed Arnold pays the best price in the WNY area for scrap metal.
Scrap Metal Recycling 101
Want to learn what else you can recycle in your home? Visit our Metal Recycling 101 guide to learn how you can turn scrap into cash.
Services to help companies maximize their recycling down streams to boost their profits.View Our Services
We accept all types of metal - both ferrous and non-ferrous - as well as electronic recycling.Click Here
Scrap metal and recycling often comes with questions. We have answers to the most some of the most common ones here.Click Here